Header image

Water Cartons

Posted by Maureen Tuesday, July 27, 2010 Labels: , , , ,

Today I was at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City for their "Green Fair". I left with a few free magnets, pens, some new signatures on my organization's email list, a few less brochures, and this:This, my friends, is an environmentally-friendly, biodegradable, recyclable water bottle. BOOM. Finally. The mass consumption of water sold in plastic bottles creates in me a deep-rooted white hot fury. Why has the world not yet realized how ridiculous it is to buy all that plastic, and then to throw it in a dump? Yes, most water bottles are recyclable, but an incredibly small percentage of Westerners who use them actually recycle. So perhaps, just perhaps, this is the solution.

Eco Choice Water is based out of Overland Park, KS. Their water cartons are priced at just over $1, and can be found at many local grocery stores. Hopefully soon they will expand to a larger market such as convenience stores and entertainment venues. I sure hope so. While recycling is always the better option, throw these suckers in a dump and they'll break down in 1% of the time a plastic bottle would (if ever).

I just made that statistic up, but I'm going with it. (Toby just chimed in that it's likely less than 1%! BOOM.)

Anyway, check it out.

0 comments: