Header image

Don't feel like an idiot on my watch

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, May 05, 2010 Labels: , , , , ,

Now we all know how I feel about my cat, Lucinda. But after reading this post at Hyperbole and a Half, I wanted to share with all of my friends that I don't want you to feel like an idiot because of this:

Things that can make you feel like an idiot almost instantly:

Having your space invaded by your friend's cat

Cats don't give a shit about your personal space. You're sitting on your friend's couch, trying to enjoy a nice conversation and your friend's cat leaps up onto your lap and gets all up in your grill. You don't like cats, but you pretend to like your friend's cat because that's what friends do. Then the cat gets all pushy and starts kneading your chest with its paws and backing its ass up in your face. But you can't do anything about it. You just have to sit there and take it because your friend is standing right there and if you throw her cat violently to the ground, she is going to notice. So you just try to carry on and pretend the cat's butthole isn't two inches from your face and everything is fine.

cat butt in face

What I want to say is, always, always, feel free to throw my cat violently to the ground. Well, maybe not violently. But throw her to the ground nonetheless, just like Andy Samberg. And definitely check out the rest of the things that can make you feel like an idiot, they are worth noting. ;)

0 comments: