Header image

Forcing flower bulbs

Posted by Maureen Thursday, December 03, 2009 Labels: , , , ,


I've never been much of a gardener (only when I was little and my mother would let my pick out what pansy colors I wanted..that was about the extent of it), but this year I have a job that is somewhat gardening-related. And it has, of course, inspired me to do a little tulip gardening this Fall (oh wait..it's 25° ?....I guess it's Winter...I guess I should have planted my tulip bulbs last weekend when it was still 65!). So I still intend to plant some organic tulips in my front yard (hope that's okay with the landlords). Additionally, this Design Sponge article inspired me to try forcing some bulbs over the winter. Sounds kind of fun, and if it doesn't work, it's okay because it's only a couple bulbs at a time. Give it a try! (What? Don't have any bulbs? Look here.)

0 comments: