Header image

Ripple Glass is coming!

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, October 28, 2009 Labels: , , , ,

While I'm thankful that I live in a city where recycling pick-up is free and therefore easy for everyone, I've still been disappointed that glass recycling (which is not included in the city-recycling program) is so inaccessible. All the centers are so far away from everything. And then there's the part about separating all your colors of glass. These two factors usually lead to beer bottles (I mean, spaghetti sauce jars) collecting on my back porch for months and months before I have the motivation (and the good weather) to take them to the recycling center (which inevitably results in beer dripping all over my hands from having to separate all the glass. I mean spaghetti sauce).

Therefore, Kansas City Metro is happy to welcome Ripple Glass--an organization that is placing huge purple glass recyclers all over the city--supposedly no one should have to drive more than 5 minutes to get to one! AND you don't have to separate it! Just dump it in! I've never been so excited about recycling.

Here's where all their new bins are coming up in the next few weeks. Sure enough, there's a bin within 5 minutes of my house, and two within 5 minutes of my office! Bingo.

If your bin isn't up yet, they already have "tester" bins up behind the Boulevard Brewery that you can use in the meantime.

Happy Recycling!

2 comments:

Amanda Loughlin said...

totally like.

jen said...

i wish freakin' lawrence would get this. i do the same thing as you! all the glass keeps collecting. recycle center is across town. dumb.