Header image

The Unassuming Badass or "I heart Wolverine"

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, May 06, 2009 Labels: , , ,


When it comes to action films, I tend to only like the ones that have what I call the "unassuming badass." I'm not really into your hardcore badass, your arrogant overly-tattooed badass, or your girls-love-'im badass. I like the ones that are truly humble. The ones that don't want to cause any trouble, but dadgummit, sometimes they just have to. And I think Wolverine, of the X-Men, is possibly the epitome of this character. So today I went and saw his movie. And it was awesome. 'Nuff said.

In this scene, Wolverine has been thrown into the air by a vehicle collision and is now using his momentum to fly onto the very helicopter that is trying to attack him. He will next slice off its propellers with his impenetrable adamantium claws and proceed to take it down by the strength of his own hand. C'mon.

(Oh also I saw it at the new movie theatre on 14th & Main in downtown KCMO, which is also awesome. Check it out.)

Other unassuming badasses in action films:
Edward Norton in "Fight Club" (skinny unassuming nerd!)
Angelina Jolie in "Wanted" (did you see that car chase?!)
Neo in "The Matrix" (that dude didn't know WHAT was goin' on!)
Tom Cruise in "The Last Samurai" (don't judge me)
Matt Damon in all those Bourne movies (he really tries to be a good guy!)

0 comments: