Header image


Friday night Toby and I had tickets to see Ryan Adams & The Cardinals live at the Uptown. This show was originally schedule last October, but was rescheduled because the entire band evidently had the flu. But this worked out for me, because I didn't have tickets the first time and was able to snatch some the second time around (or rather, Toby was able to, since he got them for me for my birthday--thanks, Tobes!).

Anyway, the show was disappointingly short. Especially after all the rumors that he had played 3 hours the nights before. However, the set list was incredible. When I saw him play here in KC last year, the show was long but the song choices were disappointing. I think I'd rather have a short set with fantastic songs than vice versa. Needless to say, I disagree with this dude who wrote a pretty brutal review of the show in the Star. Sure, the tickets were too pricey for such a short show (I'll tell you what's too pricey! The dag beer in that piece!), but the fans were certainly not bored. That's ridiculous. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The music is just too dang good. So that's my review: "Yes it was short but the music is just too dang good to complain."

Speaking of music, the new U2 album comes out tomorrow. The top single will have to grow on me, so I'm interested to see what the rest of the album is like. Enjoy.

2 comments:

aaron Mitchum said...

couldn't agree more, it was an amazing show, period. Yes maybe it could of be insanely amazing if it had been longer, but that does not detract from the music that was played.

7K said...

They remind me of Don Henley and the Eagles.