Header image

Changeling

Posted by Maureen Tuesday, February 24, 2009 Labels: , ,

After watching the Oscars on Sunday night, for the first time in years, I was inspired to watch some more of the films that were nominated. Slumdog Millionaire was pretty much the only one I had seen, and it of course was phenomenal. (If you haven't seen it yet, please do because it is so visually captivating that it really deserves to be viewed on the big screen.)Last night I watched "Changeling," starring Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich. It was phenomenal. Jolie was nominated for best actress for this film. It's the true story of a woman living in LA in 1928 whose son is kidnapped. When the police department claims they have found him, they deliver to her the wrong child. The plot that ensues is both horrifying and hopeful. This film is already out on DVD, so definitely rent it.



This afternoon I'm actually going to go see Milk, which I've been wanting to see ever since I first saw a preview for it. I'll let you know what I think.

P.S. How beautiful was Angelina on Sunday night? So beautiful (those green jewels!).

1 comments:

7K said...

I watched it and really liked it. It was one of those composite movies that worked -- a little Grisham, a little Hitchcock, a dash of Capote. It also had a matrix of themes going on: the horrors of male chauvinism, hypocrisy, capital punishment.