Header image

Best of Maux Dreams, Pt. XV: Compass Kitty

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, January 21, 2009 Labels:

Last night I dreamed that I was trying to hitch hike to Texas. I was just trying to get to Westport, right here in KC, at first, thinking I might find a bus to Texas there, but immediately got lost. But then my friends Nick and Micah were there, and they helped me by giving me a small cat that somehow acted as a compass. But before I took off to use it, I was at their house, where I got stuck in a pile of snow that wasn't cold, as if it was sand, but it was supposed to be snow. I was in it up to my shoulders and was all like, "What's wrong with this snow?! It's not cold!!" But I ended up making it out okay and took off with my little compass kitty, who later died. When I left their house to walk to the city, I believe I was suddenly in China. At this point, I was a little behind schedule, but had high hopes of making it to Westport where I thought perhaps Megabus could take me to Texas.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh thank goodness.

We should test out the compass theory on Lucindy.

Amber said...

wow.

Billy Brame said...

these are endlessly funny. I fully support the continuation of this series.