Header image

Red Panda

Posted by Maureen Thursday, December 04, 2008 Labels: , , ,


Red Panda, originally uploaded by **Curt**.

Many of you may know (Aunt Katy) that my whole life, I have had a deep, true love for felines. My favorite wild animals include tigers, lions, cheetahs, leopards, and more. But recently I have come into a new love for small Chinese creature known as the red panda. The red panda has recently come into my life via the film "Kung Fu Panda" in which the Kung Fu Master, Shifu, is a red panda (not to be confused with a "Giant Panda" which is a wholly different creature). Also, through the new Gmail themes that you can download as your Gmail page background--I accidentally stumbled upon one that has an animated red panda, who does various activities each time you login, such as feeding the ducks, grooming his bonsai, making noodles, or drawing calligraphy.

That's all. Just thought I would share this new zoological interest.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Excellent.

I have long loved that "wholly different" animal, the giant panda. You may have noticed the stuffed one my father sent for my most recent birthday. (Yes, my 23rd.) My latest zoological obsession would be the pygmy hippo. Like, damn. Flickr-it, and join me.

Also, this is a very long comment.

AND, not my animal obsession: GATOR. Who is gnawing on himself-loudly. AGAIN.

Sarah said...

I enjoy the playfulness of this Red Panda. He's sticking his tongue out at me.