Header image

Christmas Day in Sudan

Posted by Maureen Thursday, December 25, 2008 Labels: , ,

We woke up to a White Christmas in Sudan today, and by "white," I mean "5 degrees cooler than usual." A welcome relief. Christmas Eve brought some fairly interrupted sleep due to the local marching choirs that spent the entirety of Christmas Eve--from dark until dawn--tromping around the vilages, singing praises, beating drums and blowing whistles. It was cool for a minute until I realized it wasn't going to stop for the entire night. :) So with little sleep, this morning Toby and I drove back up to Kauda--where the main SP compound is in Nuba--for Christmas day with the other SP guys, as well as some other local aid workers. Toby let me drive the Land Cruiser for a kilometer or so--I don't generally drive a stick, but I conquered the rough roads and even brought us through a few gulleys along the way. Pretty slick.

Anyway, its almost time for Christmas dinner, but thought I'd check in here on the ol' blog. In the next few days I'll try to post some photos and some more details about the trip.

Merry Christmas from Sudan!

0 comments: