Header image

I'm freakin' out here.

Posted by Maureen Friday, November 14, 2008 Labels: ,

Well, not really. But I do feel like my head is spinning. I'm writing a paper that involves some research on the International Criminal Court's (ICC) pending indictment of the President of Sudan, Al-Bashir, on counts of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. I have read and read news articles about this issue, but my head is spinning today because I've been reading the ICC's official documents of the cases (Al Bashir's as well as those of two other Sudanese leaders who were indicted last year). It is just insane to read every single detail of what is happening right from the source. Here is a little taste. It's absolutely incomprehensible. I don't even know what I'm blogging about. I just had to say something about it, even if I have no point.

In other news, Vernon referred me to a website that has immense academic resources on the situation in Sudan. It's from UC Berkeley and it also blew my mind. I actually had to sit back in my chair and just take a few deep breaths when I saw it. That's a lot of information. Bloof.

Am I an academic nerd? Maybe. But I am going to this place!! Ack! I can't believe that my boyfriend LIVES in this place I'm studying so heavily, and what's more that I myself will be there in a month. OMG.

Okay. Enough mind-blowing. I gotta get back to that paper.

0 comments: