Header image

Best of Maux Dreams, Pt. X

Posted by Maureen Tuesday, September 30, 2008 Labels: , ,

A few nights ago I dreamed that I was traveling overseas, at one point to Sweden and another to Spain. Various interesting things occurred in both locations, but the most amusing was on the way back from Spain. I was with a group of people of all ages. It must have been a mission trip or something because before we left for home, we were going to take communion together. There was a priest serving communion. He pulled two double-chocolate Pop-Tarts out of a toaster and put them on a plate next to a small pile of red sauce (it was more of a thick sauce like a dip rather than a juice for the communion dipping). There was a particular middle-aged couple in my group (who had made interesting appearances in my dreams of the night prior to this point), and as the communion was passed around, the man started scarfing the communion bread and wine! But he didn't only like the Pop-Tarts--he LOVED that sauce! So he kept breaking off little pieces of Pop-Tart and dipping them in the sauce and stuffing them in his mouth, as fast as he could. Communion was over in no time once he got a hold of it. I looked at the horrified priest with my eyebrows raised with an expression that said, "What can you expect when you use Pop-Tarts for communion bread?".

The end.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Gah. I love my roommate.