Header image

One Year

Posted by Maureen Friday, August 15, 2008 Labels: , ,


This week, Toby and I celebrate our first year of being together. It is very exciting. He sent me a phenomenal bouquet of red roses and chrysanthemum starbursts (the latter is one of our favorites and they last forever!) right to my front door. It made my day.

I'm so thankful for him. I'm so proud of him for his work and life in Sudan. Yet I can't wait for him to be home.

Thinking back to the beginning of Toby and I's relationship this time last year has also caused me to reflect on other events of the past year. Since Toby and I met, I left my job at YouthFront, he moved to Africa, I went to Africa to visit, I finished my first year of graduate school, I left my job at Jacob's Well. Those are just the big ones--but there are a lot of them for being such significant life events all in one year. And he has truly seen me through it all.

Next up, our trip to Sweden is in less than a month! Toby loves Sweden and I'm excited to see the country by his side.

That's all for today, just thought I'd give a small personal update. Thanks always for reading!

2 comments:

rachel said...

we love you moby.

louann said...

oh yes we do