Header image

Vintage pillowcases

Posted by Maureen Monday, July 21, 2008 Labels: , , ,

Today I went through all my stuff that I've had stored in my basement for three years. In the bottom of a box I haven't seen for all that time, I found these two pillowcases from my childhood (or rather, my big brother's childhood). I remember I would only sleep on the Star Wars (Return of the Jedi) pillowcase with the good guys facing up because I didn't particularly want to sleep on Darth Vader's face. That's not good for one's dream life.

The dark side.

The good guys (other side of same pillow case).

Old school NFL teams pillowcase.

6 comments:

Rustin S said...

Wow. I had those RotJ pillow cases too! (and the comforter, and the curtains). Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I think the NFL one was a hand me down from your Uncles Tom and Craig.
Aunt Katy

Anonymous said...

Yea,
I've been looking for those sheets and pillow cases for years. I'm guessing we got those in 1973...
Craig

Maureen said...

Well in that case, you guys think they're worth anything? Ha. ;)

louann said...

oh man. they are pretty much antiques, aren't they! Try to sell them on Ebay! Or maybe you could just sell them to Craig......and Adam.

Adam said...

ah yes....many was the night I labored to choose between Vader and Skywalker, good and evil....but alas, my destiny was not to be revealed in the turning of a pillow. I dare not gaze upon these photos once more...