Header image

A Toby come and gone or "Kansas City Restaurant Guide"

Posted by Maureen Monday, July 14, 2008 Labels: , ,

My sweet boyfriend who is working in Sudan for a year came to visit me over the past week. We had a wonderful time. Here are some of the things we did together:

-Ate Macaroni & cheese at McCoy's
-Went to Jacob's Well
-Ate cheeseburgers with Jeff
-Ate dinner at the Huffmans (are you starting to see a theme yet?)
-Went to Topeka to see the Lunns and go to the dentist, wherein Toby discovered he had ZERO CAVITIES (which was also a theme for the rest of the visit)
-Had a belated birthday party for Toby with the family, ate pizza
-Ate sushi with Michelle and John
-Went on a mini-vacation to Rocheport, Missouri
-Cooked beet risotto
-Rode our bikes on the Katy Trail
-Ate dinner at Abigail's
-Watched Ocean's 11, 12, and 13 (Nuff said!!)
-Ate Oklahoma Joe's with all of our crew at Rosedale Park
-Ate breakfast at Bluebird with Matt (the only place where I'll order french toast. Once you've found perfection, why look any further?)
-Went to Topeka again
-Took Toby's parents to my parent's house where they met for the first time (and where we ate...)
-Ate at Sol Azteca where Toby was so kind as to get me an order of queso dip to take home with me (again on the perfection bit here--their queso dip triumphs over all)
-Went to Christ Church
-Ate at Planet Sub with the crew
-Laid under a shade tree at Loose Park
-Watched Arrested Development
-Said goodbye

In all this eating and catching up, we mostly just enjoyed being together. He's such a dreamboat. I know that's cheesy to say on my blog, but its true. Again with the perfection bit.... ;)

He took this photo of us at Loose Park while I was actually asleep. I'm not even posing. Its beautiful and a good visual summary of how our visit went. Peaceful. Content.

I get to see him again in only 8 or 10 weeks from now. This last stint was 14 weeks long, so I'm thankful that we won't have to do that again.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh! Beautiful picture and wonderful list of great things to do in KC. I'm sorry we missed him while he was here. We're back in KC the 16th-27th. Let's get together! Miss you!