Header image

There's a new bat in town....

Posted by Maureen Sunday, July 27, 2008 Labels: , , , ,

So I finally saw Batman. If you've seen it, you know what to say about it: dark, demented, but also totally badass. That's right, I said it. It exhausted me. That Joker is nasty. And I had to look away whenever "two-face" was on the screen. But I loved the part in Hong Kong (my former home). I didn't see that coming at all.

Anyway, what's more important than my opinion of the film is that it reminded me of an old parody: Bat Thumb. Bat Thumb was part of a series of "Thumbmation" produced by Steve Oedekerk. Basically, its short satires of popular movies made with thumb people. Nuff said. (I'll be posting a blog dedicated to a certain production of Steve Oedekerk coming soon, but for now, let's focus on the thumbs.)

Please please please take 4 minutes to watch this first few minutes of Bat Thumb. If you can't take four, please please please fast forward to about 2:45 and watch the last minute of it. This last minute contains some of my favorite "movie" lines of all time.



In other movie news, I also recently saw In Bruges, with Colin Farrel and Ralph Fiennes. Brilliant! I won't say much about it, just rent it. Another good watch of late, and both of these thanks to Toby's sis Julie (movie watcher extraordinaire), Rocket Science. Happy viewing!

1 comments:

Amber said...

seriously.