Header image

KU Wins!

Posted by Maureen Tuesday, April 08, 2008

As you know, KU won the NCAA National Championship last night. First time in twenty years. Also my first year as an official KU student. Coincidence? I think not. I grew up a KU fan thanks to my aunt and uncle who were students at the time that I was just a wee lass, just growing into my young sports fanaticism. So its been a long twenty years. Although my experience this year was a lot like it was back when I was six years old--just at a bar, hanging with some friends, sending text messages during timeouts and stuff. Mostly the same experience both times.

I also reminisced about when KU played in the Championship and lost to Syracuse a few years ago. It was the year I lived in Hong Kong, and we had a potluck breakfast and watched the game live on pay-per view at 7am our time. That was quite memorable. Nothing better than a little National Championship to go with your eggs and coffee first thing in the morning.

That's all I've got. I know it's all incoherent rambling, but I couldn't let this day go by in history without blogging about it.

1 comments:

nick pickrell said...

freaking incredible africa pics and videos...and i do offer free classes on learning to wink ambidextrously.