Header image

Best of Maux Dreams, Pt. IV

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, March 05, 2008 Labels:

A few nights ago I dreamed that I was the caretaker for a beautiful, grand horse. The Horse and I lived in New York City. One day we were out and about, and while getting off the subway, the doors closed between me and The Horse and we were separated! I was DEVASTATED to say the least. I was running up and down subway platform, asking people if they'd seen The Horse (I seemed to refer to him as "The Horse" as if that was actually his name, hence the capitalization. Sort of like The Colonel.)

At this point, New York City was as if a small town where everybody knows your name. I started posting flyers up around town to help find the missing horse and asking around. I knew he was just stranded on the subway somewhere far off, or wandering the underground, and surely someone would notice a horse on the subway. Right?

Later, The Horse came back to me. Just sort of walked up to me in the midst of my desperation. The day was saved. It must have been one of those flyers.

The end.

0 comments: