Header image

And She's off!

Posted by Maureen Thursday, March 13, 2008

In just a few hours, I will board a plane for Nairobi, Kenya (Oh wait...I mean, board a plane for Detroit..then Amsterdam..THEN finally Nairobi!), where my Toby will be waiting for me.

If you're the praying kind, say a few for our safe travels to, from, and within Kenya. Also for what I'm sure will be a short 12 days together--that it may be long.

Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the newness of Spring in Kansas City. Go on a bike ride, or a jog. Have a picnic. Wear flip flops.

Here's a good Moby shot for you....Hong Kong style toothpicking.

Plane reading: My backed up collection of TIME magazines--I hope to read a lot about the Presidential Candidates (and one issue about George Clooney). Also, "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius," by Dave Eggers.

Plane listening: I got a new iPod Shuffle since my original iPod has no battery life. I've loaded it up with "chillen' music" like Nick Drake, Jose Gonzalez, Kaki King, and some low-key tunes from Ryan Adams, Patty Griffin, and Bob Dylan to name a few.

Plane watching: I'm hoping for some good flicks on the long international flights. In the meantime, I'll tell you that last night I watched "Michael Clayton" which is brilliant. Rent it.

1 comments:

aaron said...

blessings and traveling mercies!!