Header image

U2 3D

Posted by Maureen Saturday, February 09, 2008

Remember this? Well I just had another maxxed out U2 experience when I went to see U2 3D--an IMAX presentation of U2's Vertigo Tour. It....was....AWESOME. The same songs that moved me so much when I saw them live 2 years ago held true even on screen. I don't know how I managed to stay seated at the movie theatre. If you have even the slightest interest in U2's music or history, you must go see this film!

And I'm not a sound expert, but I was with Nick and Micah, who are, and they were raving about the sound quality of the live performance. And the 3D aspect--I'm speechless. It was magnificent. Unless you're familiar with "Vertigo" by U2, you may not know that my blog is titled after a lyric from the song:
Your love is teaching me how
Your love is teaching me how to kneel
How to kneel

Definitely check it out at your nearest IMAX theatre (which if you're in KC, is in Olathe.) If you need a friend, I'll be happy to go again.

3 comments:

NJ said...

Never realised that about your blog title... very cool... do these lyrics from "Zooropa" ring a bell...?

Don't worry baby, it'll be alright
You got the right shoes
To get you through the night
It's cold outside, but brightly lit
Skip the subway
Let's go to the overground
Get your head out of the mud baby
Put flowers in the mud baby
Overground

Jesse said...

I went and saw this a week ago. I had to constantly remind myself that I was in a theatre and it would be inappropriate to stand up and start singing along.

Not quite as good as in person, but a realy close second.

Maureen said...

NJ--No kidding about Zooropa?! I had no idea. That's awesome.

Jesse--I also had a hard time staying seated. Maybe I should go again and just forsake it all and rock out to my heart's delight. I dare you to do the same.