Header image

Proclamation: NAME CHANGE

Posted by Maureen Friday, November 02, 2007

I am pleased to announce, for those of you who refer to me as "Moe," that I am officially changing my moniker to "Maux." It has the same pronunciation [moh], but with a new and improved avant-garde spelling. I would like to thank John Raux for the original provision of this neoteric spelling, and Mike Crawford and Micah Thomas for really helping it come to fruition. This is a significant metamorphosis for me and I appreciate your support and your cooperation as I undergo this appellative transition.

Best Regards,
Maux Didde

7 comments:

Amber said...

amazing. i love it. let me give it a try ...
i really miss you maux.

yeah i think its going to work. nicely done.

mishl said...

my oh my, you make one little life change and the ball starts rolling. what is next? i hope it will involve either a tuba or a book club.

Andy Woolard said...

first name with an X in my address book! tight.

louann said...

wow that certainly is appellative!
let it never be said that you are the faux maux. unfaux maux, friend of raux. tres bien, mon cherie.

::Andrew:: said...

"Mow" would have been much cooler.

Maureen said...

good point--i had a friend who called me "Mower" in college, as in Lawn Mower. Obviously. You can spell it that way if you want...

Tim Keel said...

nice louann, though I might have gone a few steps further:

"Let it never be said that you are the faux maux. Unfaux maux, friend of Raux. Tres bien, mes belles et beaux. Maux,admirer of investigators Poirot and Clousteau. And don't forget to gas up your Renault before you go deep-sea fishing with Jacques Cousteau (in Juneau). I realize that I have overstayed my welcome in this nouveau tableau, Maux. So without further delay, I will geaux."