Header image

"I receive it into my heart."

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I could never list the memorable, and generally laughable, moments that happen among staff members at Jacob's Well, the church that I love, attend, and work at. But an instance occurred the other day that is too great to not share. (This may only be funny to those of you who attend JW, nonetheless, a quotable quote to be shared with the world.)

I was sitting in the commons room with Micah Thomas, we were click-clacking away on our laptops. Enter Tim Keel(our pastor), David Purifoy, and Mike Crawford, sort of at random. Tim spots us, and immediately requests my computer to show us all a video on YouTube. Oh my.

Quickly I realize this is going to be quite a riot when I see Tim has typed into the search box, "Family Guy Vomit." Nice, Tim. Real nice. Immediately, hysterical laughter ensues while we watch this video, where characters of the Family Guy appear to be having some sort of puking contest. It's absolutely despicable, but I must admit I laughed. Only a little. But Tim was in tears. The man could not breath, he was laughing so hard.

Finally, as the clip came to a close and everyone took a post-laughter deep breath, out of the mouth of Tim Keel came the following nonchalant statement:

"I love the Family Guy--I receive it into my heart."

Unbelievable. "I receive it into my heart"--I will never forget this beautiful statement. And all about a cartoon clip about puking.

(So, for those of you who heard the sermon this past Sunday, next time we think to put pressure on Tim to 'deliver,' just remember this and it should bring us all back to earth in the best of ways.)

In other news,
1. Andrew Bird put on a great show. I'm still baffled by the whistling.
2. I acquired a nearly brand new mountain bike and went for a nice ride to Downtown this morning. In my red, shiny, aerodynamic helmet.
3. Today I got a tour of the Nazarene Publishing House, on 29th & Troost. It's fascinating to see how books and such are actually created.
4. This weekend I'm presenting two seminars to youth workers at the Post Modern Youth Ministry Conference at MNU, featuring one of my favorite guys, Tony Jones. Shall be grand.

7 comments:

toby said...

I tried to receive it into my heart. I really tried. My heart just couldn't receive that much vomit.

Tim Keel said...

Receive it into your heart, not your stomach!

mishl said...

i am pretty much always receiving you into my heart. take that.

Maureen said...

Who? Me? or Tim? I hope it's me.

NPM said...

May I be candid and state that I think Family Guy is one of the most unfunny shows on TV? It really is. With that said, I do remember this episode and have to admit that continually vomit is funny.

katie dennis said...

mo dids, that was on the youthfront south staff video, kyle wahaus used it for the EOYC re-enactment.
you might want to check it out.
that's all.
byes!

Deven said...

Hey Great Blog. As much as Family guy used to rock in the first few seasons, it is getting down every season with same stale comedy and jokes. IMO Souht Park and SImpsons are also going down the hill.

Anyway for those who can not download Family guy from torrents and are looking for all Seasons of Family guy, they can download it from here -

http://www.mwolk.com/tv-shows/family-guy-season-1
http://www.mwolk.com/tv-shows/family-guy-season-2
http://www.mwolk.com/tv-shows/family-guy-season-3
http://www.mwolk.com/tv-shows/family-guy-season-4
http://www.mwolk.com/tv-shows/family-guy-season-5

Hope this helps others.
Cheers