Header image

I've never been the kind of person who has difficulty keeping my house plants alive. That said, I usually only own cacti and aloe vera plants. I've heard it said, "You would have to try really hard to kill an aloe vera plant (Lou Ann Didde, early 2007)." Well, Mom, as evidenced in the following image, I beg to differ:


SHOCKING! I know! This image is devastating for aloe vera plant care-takers worldwide! But I swear-I DIDN'T DO IT! I promise I didn't "try really hard"--but it's dead anyway! This plant literally shriveled up and died for no apparent reason!

However, I do believe there is a culprit. Shortly before AVP #1's untimely death, he went through a minor operation called "replanting." He had outgrown his pot, so I removed about half of his roots and planted them in a new pot. And this new AVP....this fraternal twin of sorts.. took away #1's livelihood! Evidenced below is AVP #2's thriving essence:What?! How could this be? How could the displaced plant be the one to survive? (Note, there is small deterioration occurring on a few stems towards the back. Could this be? Is #1 avenging his own death?)

It's a tragedy that my original AVP was brought to his demise by his own flesh and blood (or...stem and aloe). Now, inasmuch as AVP #2 so beautifully glows in my window ledge, sometimes I can't even look at her without scorn. Scorn, I say!

On this day August 29, in the year of our Lord 2007, AVP #1 was laid to rest. R.I.P., AVP #1.

1 comments:

::Andrew:: said...

My sincerest condolences go out to you and yours.