Header image

Race for the Cure

Posted by Maureen Monday, August 13, 2007

Yesterday I ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K. It was an accomplishment for me--I've always enjoyed running but have never done a race like this before. It was tons of fun! 20,000 people were a part of the event, which started at Union Station, went to 18th & Vine and back around. There were live bands out playing on the street cheering us on all the way which was good for the adrenaline rush. I didn't take any pictures, but here's a story from the Star about the event.

You might be wondering if it was really hot. It was, but I ran so fast that I created a nice cool breeze for myself. . . . .oh wait, no that didn't happen. I think it was a dream I had.

I ran in memory of my grandma, Mary Louise Didde, who was a breast cancer survivor but passed away in 2005. She sure was a lovely lady, and made a killer chocolate malt.

1 comments:

Amber said...

yah for MOE! i am so excited for you...a great accomplishment for sure! Okay so start counting...i arrive in KC on Thursday. GET EXCITED...this could be the reunion of a lifetime.