Header image

Paving Mount Everest

Posted by Maureen Monday, July 30, 2007

I read today in the Star that 2008 Beijing Olympic organizers hope to pave a 67 mile stone and dirt path leading to the Mt. Everest Base Camp. So they can run their torch on it. Their precious, precious torch.

I probably don't need to opine about how appalling the thought of paving Mt. Everest is. Instead I will simply hope that the "Environmental experts" involved will refrain from giving approval, which will shut down the entire project. Read more about it here.

On a lighter note, today I bought a mandolin! I've been wanting one for about two years now. I play music with some friends every Sunday night, which will be a perfect venue for me to learn from some brilliant mandolinist friends. A big thanks to Mountain Music Shoppe for having the right product with the right price!


Currently listening: Waterdeep, Heart Attack Time Machine
Currently reading: GOOD Magazine

2 comments:

Doc Bombay said...

Man Toiletries & Such

::Andrew:: said...

I've heard they may not get all of the construction in the city done on time. Hopefully they will run out of time and money before the road actually reaches the mountain... but that would mean a road that ends in the middle of Nowhere, China. hmmm...