Header image

deep breath

Posted by Maureen Monday, October 09, 2006

Saturday night my roommate Amy Armstrong married Glenn Hocking. They're awesome. So was their wedding & reception--isn't this photo magical? It's from the 3rd floor of the Arts Incubator, with the lights from inside reflecting onto the view of the downtown skyline. Perfect.
Likewise, the Altar at YouthFront was pretty awesome, if I may say so myself. I think that a lot of people were able to spend some much needed time in solitude. I wasn't able to, but that's okay. I'll take my own retreat. Later. Maybe. Okay, probably not, but it's nice to think I'll get there eventually. Don Chaffer coming down to lead worship on Saturday night was totally the climax. He blows my mind. It's beautiful to have followed his music (and not only followed, but been impacted by it) since my adolescence, but now to be in community with him through Jacob's Well and work alongside him in settings like these. Brilliant!
Then there was Monday--I took Glenn's tuxedo back to the rental shop, spent an hour at Joann Fabric looking for something to cover a chair in my living room, then had the ever-desired baked potato soup at Panera. Worked away the afternoon at the office, then enjoyed yoga class at the YMCA. Tonight I made an amazing dinner with the Trader Joe's brown rice medley that Rachel Bonar bought for me, among other things, in St. Louis a few weeks ago. Talked to my best bud from Hong Kong, Brian, and now here I am.
It's fall, and the leaves have been changing for quite some time. I sort of feel like I've missed it in all my busyness, so I better start opening my eyes to all the colors before winter takes them away. You should come over--Garfield Avenue is quite the drive with the changing leaves. We'll sit on the front porch, or in my newly re-upholstered chair.

0 comments: