Header image

Change

Posted by Maureen Sunday, October 22, 2006

This weekend marked two significant annual events: The First Annual Missouri Brewery & Winery Tour (established by Thomas & Sarah Mueller, Nathan & Kerry Mees, and myself,) and the always-annual Maple Leaf Festival in Carthage, MO, (while it was my fourth non-consecutive year in attendance).

I spent it with friends who have become my closest in the past six months, I spent it with friends who have been my closest for six years.

I am continually amazed by Missouri in Autumn. There's nothing like it, and there's nothing like absorbing it alongside great friends of past and present. In everything from the music playing in the car to the drinks we tasted to the conversations we had--in every long hug after months of absence and deep breath amidst corporate silence--the moments were perfect and beautiful and changing like the leaves.


0 comments: