Header image

Long Walk to Freedom

Posted by Maureen Tuesday, March 07, 2006


I recently finished reading the longest book I've ever read, as well as one of the best: "Long Walk to Freedom", the autobiography of Nelson Mandela. Brilliant! A few years ago I spent a month in South Africa, so had a fairly decent education on its history, but to read Mandela's detailed account was powerful--all six hundred-something pages! NICE!
I'd like to return to Africa. Soon.
But not before I return to Hong Kong. In about 42 days. Aiyaa!

Also, we are now in the season of Lent. For the first time in years, I'm participating in the meaningful rituals and community worship that coincide with the journey to the Cross. Last week, I attended the first Ash Wednesday service I've ever been to, at Jacob's Well. In the quiet of that place, at a time of week that is unusual, and with a liturgy and time of prayer that was different from what I've grown used to, the Spirit really communicated with me. My soul is stirred, and I am living in anticipation of each moment of abiding with Christ. So let's go from here.

Remember you are dust, and to dust you shall return.

1 comments:

Kobosky262 said...

Hey sister!! I got your letter today! All my mail has been crazy. I am so proud of you and excited to see how God is going to move. I would totally be with you in HK but I have one more surgery to do at that time, jaw. Anyway way to got on the walk of freedom. I have a friend who is a missionary at Living Hope in Cape Town. She is AWESOME!! Much like YOU. I will give you her info if you want it. Anyway, Love You!!