Header image

snow with a purpose

Posted by Maureen Tuesday, January 17, 2006

So I went skiing at Keystone several weeks ago, but am just now posting because I now have this amazing picture of my abilities. There I am on the ground after Nick ran into me and knocked me over. It's all his fault. But I will give him credit for forcing me to attempt a few ski jumps, where I got some sweet air (a good 6-8 inches at least), followed by some beautiful wipe outs.
Thoughts: saw Brokeback Mountain last weekend...check out Christianity Today's review of it for some really good insights from their perspective. http://www.christianitytoday.com/
Whaddya think?
More thoughts: my pastor Tim is doing a series on Proverbs. Who does that? Amazing. This past Sunday we talked about the difference between Wisdom and Folly--which path will you choose?
Let the name of God be high in the hearts of his people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the movie.....yet....I know it will be eye opening and probably I'm just not ready to have my eyes opened that much. this is a difficult dilemma for our society - i know that those who love this way are true, but..is it of God?

Maureen said...

Yeah, it's definitely eye-opening. A good story of the reality in a context we wouldn't expect. As for, "is it of God?". . . hmmmm...maybe email me, whoever you are, for that conversation. . :)

Anonymous said...

Sad that the "Christian" world has tainted my view so much that when I hear the words, "Christianity today and 'homosexuality'", I automatically form negative opinions about what the article will say...