Header image

Get Wisdom.

Posted by Maureen Monday, January 23, 2006



At church, Tim is preaching a series on Proverbs. We've gone through three weeks worth thus far, and it's blowing my mind. Last week we spoke of the difference between wisdom and folly, and how we are constantly at a crossroads of choosing one path or the other. But true wisdom places God above all else (let the name of God be high!). Seems simple. Yesterday, we spoke of how it is that one can "get wisdom" as the writer of proverbs so simply commands. One may only get wisdom, get understanding, by being humble, by hungering and thirsting for righteousness, by hearing and listening. Perhaps wisdom is knowing what God wants (and doing it). Tim closed the sermon last night by powerfully repeating "Do not get in the habit of hearing God speak and not responding." So may we begin our quest for wisdom by...getting wisdom. Proverbs 4:7 "The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom." Oh......
For me, now, getting wisdom comes in the form of slowing down, allowing myself to say "I don't know", and keeping God in the highest place in my heart. These past 6 months have created unexpected challenges in that arena, but I feel like He's bringing me full circle now. So. . .may you get wisdom.

2 comments:

timsamoff said...

Very very profound. Nice. :)

Andrew said...

you just blew my mind...

great stuff!