Header image

Sailing down A1A into the arms of Florida. . .

Posted by Maureen Thursday, December 08, 2005

I just got home from a short trip to Florida, where I visited my friend Sadie. This photo is actually from a year ago, when we first became friends in Hong Kong. It was a delight to be in the warm Florida weather and to spend a few hours alone on the beach, like i did so often in HK. ("so long since i've seen the ocean....i guess i should...na na na na.."). But more importantly, to be in the presence of this sister who I have this depth of connection with that doesn't make sense--doesn't make sense because we don't have many little things in common and.. doesn't make sense because there are circumstances in our lives that would seemingly hinder our community--yet the Lord has chosen to bind us together in such a beautiful way. This depth of connection was made originally while we were both in Hong Kong, but now that we are both stateside, it deepens because we have that common understanding. In the endless days when I miss HK so freaking much, when I would give anything to get on a plane and go there--I have her friendship that shares that longing from this side of the world too. So it was a blessing to be there with her, face to face. Isn't she beautiful? :)
All that said, in closing, I'd like to shout out to my Uncle Craig the Pilot for the free plane ticket, that made this all possible. :)

2 comments:

andy said...

beautiful counting crows reference!

josh said...

free plane ticket to florida? i'm jealous