Header image

Mmm goi!

Posted by Maureen Sunday, December 11, 2005


I'm missing it. I go through phases where its absence intensifies and I can not believe that I am here and not there. Inasmuch as there were days I would give anything to have my own car, now I experience the opposite--if only to walk out my door and jump in a cab, or on the DB ferry, or the M590 bus, the MTR (subway), with my headphones on, my coffee from Pacific Coffee Co., and the Asian version of USA today that I would buy for $10HKD from the newstand at the ferry pier. And every day feeling a little guilty for not buying the South China Morning Post instead. :) This was every day. And I loved it.
So as Kate & Amanda would say as an expression of frustration, trying so hard to use their Cantonese: "Mmm goi!", which actually is not an expression of frustration at all, but it was cute when they tried, and now it replays in my head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's right. i'll read your blog, comment even, but i just can't seem to call...
call me?
tonight?
tomorrow?
i need your wisdom, sister.
kneel for me?
sarah ruth

Kristin said...

Hey Girl!
I can't wait to hang out with you! Let's hang in KC...

Later gator
Kristin

sadie said...

i'm right there with you. all weekend in NYC i was staring and gawking...only to be reminded of the life i had in HK and how much i miss the ambience and intensity of it all. i love you girl. call soon so we can miss HK together :)