Header image

Sold my soul to the Southern Baptists

Posted by Maureen Wednesday, November 30, 2005


So today I walked out of YouthFront to my car at about 3pm and two old men rolled up looking quite lost. Upon hearing their destination--a hotel near the plaza--i tried to give them directions, but they were so confused they actually asked me to drive there so they could just blindly follow. (must be because i'm good looking or something, i don't know...). So we took a nice drive to the Residence Inn, and as we pulled up to the hotel, they got out of the car to pay me....$2 each! SWEET DEAL. But then, we made the connection that I went to school in Bolivar, MO (@ Southwest Baptist U), where they happen to live--and, long story short, the driver jovially told me that if I don't promise to remain a practicing Southern Baptist, he's taking back his $2. Well no way I was giving up that hard cash!

9 comments:

NPM said...

Here is the link to the blog I told you about: thereach.blogspot.com

I think you will find it rather enjoyable.

See you tomorrow.

NPM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NPM said...

Here is the link to the blog we talked about at group last night:
http://girltalk.blogs.com/

NPM said...

I moved.

npmees.blogspot.com

Four comments in a day. Man, I need a job.

Andy said...

hellllooooooo! la, la, la.

See you tomorrow!

Mike said...

funny story... $4 ????

josh said...

what up moe! good to see you can be bought for $2. heck i would have done it for $1.50. plus i got maced for $20 so who am i to talk.

howp you are doing well

josh said...

what up moe! good to see you can be bought for $2. heck i would have done it for $1.50. plus i got maced for $20 so who am i to talk.

hope you are doing well

Toby said...

Cold hard cash.