Header image

first post ever

Posted by Maureen Sunday, November 27, 2005


This is my first time with a blog, but I've decided to jump on board.
I saw Rent last night at the movies--it was a good reminder of the social injustices that happen within our own civilized societies, as lately I've been very focused on global injustices such as the AIDS crisis in Africa and Asia, and other things that fall under the ONE Campaign. But I remember a few years ago when I visited a place in Newton, KS that is a care-home for individuals with HIV/AIDS who have been outcasted, so to speak, by friends and family--may i not overlook those in my immediate surroundings who are suffering from social injustice.
This Thursday, come to the JOCO public library @ 630 for a ONE Campaign presentation,then help us spread the word about it on the Plaza on December 10.

4 comments:

Mike King said...

Hey Moe, Welcome to Blog World! I will be watching and reading. Mike

nick pick said...

howdy there, miss moe! i'm glad you finally made it. congrats. i added your site to my faves...so no worries. i'll see if you ever write anything bad about me on here...

and a little FYI for ya...i couldn't get any of the xanga links to work from your site.

N. Mees said...

Moe...

Sorry I missed your call last week. Kerry and I spent Thanksgiving in Texas. We need to get together soon. Call and we can do lunch or home group or whatever. Also, I need you to fill me in on the KC ONE stuff. Okay, have a great day.

Toby said...

I've never seen any rendtion of "Rent." How was it?